Doodling with Words Followers

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Travel light … it’s going to be alright
written by
Jeannette Zink

May 8, 2016

Carry the weight of the world on your shoulders … have you ever felt that mother-load of heavy duty baggage hanging on for dear life to your mental upper parts?  Shake-it-off, we may tell our more rational self - just get on with it, loveThis too shall pass is another one of my personal favorites to aid in the re-focusing efforts of my scattered energy.  You can do this, so just do it!   The cheering section in the right hemisphere of my vertebrate cerebrum (brain) shake pom-poms of glee and shout rhythmic praises …  full steam ahead mode, no pausing for doubt – after all, the world stands on tip-toes waiting for my contributions to the universe.  So, what is holding me back ... what is tugging on those nagging left strings in the hemisphere of my reality show of a brain?  Yes, why can’t you just get on with it, love?

I have always been a middle-of-the-road kind of soul.  The leaning too far in one direction or the other would surely lead to mayhem -- the control buttons spinning-out to never-never-land, and life as I had known it no longer to be nicely and neatly ordered.  Decisions made were under the influence of a left hemisphere of linear-sequential-logical hub cap of brain thinking.  The details identified and examined, lists outlined, and the bigness of the smallness of the big picture kicked to the curb.  Left brain clearly in charge… no big-picture venue necessary… the data supports the predictable outcome.  There is no reason to throw caution to the winds of possibilities and just see the what-if’s take on a life of their own.  Did I not have logic packed in this heavy suitcase of responsible decision-making life!  So, again, I ask myself … why can’t you just get on with it, love?

Well, my kindred friends, if there is a left brain, there is quiet likely a right brain that is trying to climb into our mental luggage - all the ready to travel alone for the ride.  “Hey, Left Brain, is it possible that you have forgotten something?”  “What about those abstract dreams you once secretly harbored?”  “What about those obscure fantasies once floating in a sea of tomorrows?”  You know that big-picture you once painted of a life that could be if you ruled the world, remember… well, that picture still hangs in the corner of your cobwebbed treasure chest of hopes attic… go fetch it… your reality may need a reboot.

I am going to offer a suggestion at this point, my friends.  Maybe it is time to listen to our gut - the north star of our true compass; the ruler of our inner universe; the gatekeeper of balance -when the logical left brain pulls the strings, the intuitive right heart ties the bow around the life we are destined to live.  Could this be God’s elusive segue into our Yin-Yang life travelogue?

Why can’t you just get on with it, love?  The Yin-Yang question that ultimately will help to lighten the load we carry on our lifetime journey.  It is this balance of our brain’s hemispheres that weave our stories; lead us on a path to wisdom; and surrender the gift of our unique narrative.  The Socrates’ scale of truth shall never lay dormant in the questioning mind, but forever a swing of up and down motion in search of answers.
   
Why can’t you just get on with it, love?  “I think I can,” said The Little Engine That Could … now that I travel on the wings of wisdom’s lightness and listen for the balancing guidance of God’s reassuring message … “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”  Jeremiah 29:11

Travel light … it’s going to be alright.  Just listen for that inner voice that will assuredly light the path and make all the difference in the journey.

Why can’t you just get on with it, love?

Peace, my kindred spirits.

  
You may enjoy visiting my blogs:
http://jeannettesartandstories.blogspot.com/
http://doodlngwithwordsbyjeannette.blogspot.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment