Doodling with Words Followers

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Words for Adalyn Grace
~ an Adalyn Grace essay ~

written by
Jeannette Zink



My near perfection great-niece, Adalyn Grace, is beginning to build quite the portfolio of essential words to communicate her needs, wants, and desires.  On January 4, 2016, Miss Adalyn found herself dancing on the trampoline of 400 words ready to spring into service.  She was also rejecting the suggestions of her incredibly patient and gifted mother with the respectful learned words, “No, thank you.” Allow me to set the context of these amazing feats … Adalyn Grace is nineteen-months-old and absolutely brilliant … just this morning, Adalyn was found relaxing on her favorite sofa enjoying the light reading of a Star Wars book.  I rest my case and subjective judgment of Adalyn Grace’s brilliance!

I am sorry to report that by the time I was the age of Adalyn I had only managed to figure out how to insert a hair pin into a light socket.  Needless to say, my skills did not receive the same accolades as that of Adalyn’s verbal dexterity.  Instead, the radius of the neighbor geography was greeted with waves of darkness and reset fuse buttons were searched for high and low.  I am fairly certain that the nice people in the community expressed plenty of well-chosen descriptive words found inhabiting their lexicon of exasperation.

As I complete this sentence, I suspect Adalyn Grace will have acquired at least twenty new words and assembled them in her treasure chest of tomorrow’s narrative.  Her words, acting as objects for a future collage, wait in reserve for the day when needed for a praised sentence.   That day will come in the not too distant future, and will be met with applaud and delight that another milestone has so quickly been achieved with the help and love of an unwavering support team … loving parents, grandparents, family and friends.

It has been said that a picture is worth a thousand words.  Adalyn Grace, you are well on your way to the 1,000 mark of worthy speech collectibles.  Here are two words that I hope will be a part of your vocabulary playlist for a lifetime… HAPPY and JOY.
  
Enjoy the journey, precious and brilliant, Adalyn Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment