Doodling with Words Followers

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Courage is a place where Happiness finds its Heroes

written by
Jeannette Zink




The other morning I was channel cruising on my non-SMART, non-HD and non-4K television.  I stumbled upon the tail end of a children’s program on WETA/PBS.  My channel changing finger was all set to click to the next venue of choice when I heard these words of wisdom spoken from T. rex on the Dinosaur Train … “When I found my courage, I became happy.”  I could barely move from my human tracks and fingers were frozen in mid-air of a click.  What had just happened – a lifetime of searching for happiness – finally declared and definitively described from the mouth of a whimsically charming dinosaur!

What do you know about happiness and courage, Mr. Dinosaur Train conductor … you are just a figment of imagination created inside the minds of a creative animation team and writers for a children’s program.  Why should I take a made-up dinosaur to heart in my never-ending pursuit of happiness?  Really, has it come to this, Jeannette … taking advice from a dinosaur! 

So, I shrug and strut around with a huff and puff swagger reasoning that this is nothing more than a silly kid’s television program far beneath my intellectual competency.  Let’s just see what the experts have to say about courage and happiness.  I turned to the twenty-first century e-book of knowledge, GOOGLE, to fact check this little smarty pants of a dinosaur.  Well, the internet indeed is a wealth of information, even on philosophical, emotional and psychological topics as the thesis of courage and happiness.  While my research only scratched the surface of this hypothesis that courage and happiness may be linked to a life of bliss, I am leaning toward the side of the Mr. Dinosaur Train conductor.  That’s right, my friends, dinosaurs may have been the first philosophers to roam the happy trails of earth.  They were certainly courageous as they fought the good fight to stay alive, while perhaps much less worried about finding their true state of happiness.

I will admit that in watching the recent movie, Jurassic World, I did witness the occasional smile of courageous victory on the faces of the brave dinosaurs as they scrambled to safety and/or were in hot pursuit of the genetically modified dinosaur, Indominus rex.  One could even see a bit of a wink in the eye of the friendly Blue dinosaur as a show of courage to protect the alpha hunk Chris Pratt and the fellow cast of characters.

Moving from the days of dinosaurs to the world of great American novelists and short story writers … I quote Nathaniel Hawthorne:  Happiness is not found in things you possess, but in what you have the courage to release.

No matter the source of our garnered wisdom – dinosaurs, philosophers, or novelists – we will know it when we see it/hear it/feel it with our hearts and accept as a way of life …  be brave, be strong, and be courageous … these are our stepping stones to everlasting happiness.

I leave you with one of my favorite all time biblical quotes:  Jeremiah 29:11
  
‘For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and hope….  

Enjoy your courageous journey, my kindred spirits, there is a smiley face waiting at the release of each fear and doubt.  Courage is a place where happiness finds its hero in each of us.

      

You may enjoy visiting my blogs:


No comments:

Post a Comment