Doodling with Words Followers

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Playing with Questions on Thursdays

(an Adalyn Grace story)

written by
Jeannette Zink



Adalyn Grace is certain of three (3) things and one (1) thing more on the rating scale of a maybe. Adalyn Grace knew without hesitation that a wish could be caught with the blink of a star because she had chased after many a starlight wish and had successfully caught every single one.  She knew dreams took flight on the whisper of a bee’s wings … there goes one now! But, the one thing Adalyn Grace knew with profound assurance was the magic in Thursdays – the day when her questions all came out to play. However, Adalyn was less certain of the necessity for the answers to her questions. So, she ranked answers a maybe … and, that became a subject to be questioned on one of her magical Thursdays.

Another reason Adalyn Grace enjoyed Thursdays was because this was the day she would visit her Aunt Mae Bea. They had so much fun exploring all the questions that Adalyn Grace had saved up for this special day.  Aunt May Bea would listen very carefully to all of Adalyn Grace’s questions, and help her to sort out her three (3) most important questions for each Thursday’s visit.  Aunt May Bea was big on PRIORITIZING!

Today is Thursday and Adalyn Grace has so many questions twirling inside her head!  She can hardly wait to start exploring her questions with Aunt Mae Bea.  But, before Adalyn Grace can even begin to ask her questions, Aunt Mae Bea has a question for her.
 
“Adalyn Grace, said Aunt Mae Bea, I am going to take a trip to Antarctica in a few weeks, and I need for someone to watch after Maisee Beezee, my pet bee.”  “Would you be interested in caring for Maisee Beezee for me?”  “We know from our studies that Antarctica is the only continent where bees do not live. Maisee Beezee would not survive if I took her with me.”
     
Now, that is a QUESTION, thought Adalyn Grace.  “Do you think I am old enough to take care of Maisee Beezee?” asked Adalyn Grace.  Aunt Mae Bea smiled and told Adalyn Grace that she was absolutely certain without any hesitation that her precious Adalyn Grace was more than ready for this task.

“I have so many questions, said Adalyn Grace.”  “What if I make a mistake and Maisee Beezee flies away and never returns?”  “What if she doesn’t like me since I’m not you?”  “What if Maisee Beezee gets sick and I don’t know how to care for her?”  “What if I get sick and I can’t care for Maisee Beezee?”  “What if …”

Aunt Mae Bea put her hand up as if she were a big red stop sign.  “What are you trying to say with all of your questions, Adalyn Grace?” “Your questions are really good questions, Adalyn Grace, maybe we should search out the answers hidden inside your questions. The answers are just as important as the questions.”

“You are right, Aunt Mae Bea, said Adalyn Grace.”  Let’s search for the answers.  “Now, I am certain answers are just as important as all of my questions!” said Adalyn Grace.

Maisee Beezee buzzed with happiness that Adalyn Grace would be caring for her.  “See, Adalyn Grace, Maisee Beezee is absolutely certain without any hesitation that you will do a splendid job of taking good care of her!”

“I am absolutely certain without any hesitation that I will be able to take care of Maisee Beezee!” said Adalyn Grace.  “No question about it!” said Aunt Mae Bea with a twinkle in her eye.

“Questions are fun and help us to learn,” said Aunt Mae Bea.  “Answers are a question’s lifetime companion … like the prize inside the gift of each question.  They need each other just as we need them to help us make our best decisions, Adalyn Grace.”

“Thank you for believing in me, Aunt Mae Bea.  I love you.”

“I love you all the way to Antarctica and back!” Aunt Mae Bea said as she gave Adalyn Grace her best ever hugs and kisses.

Maisee Beezee buzzed and buzzed with joy, as if to say … What another fun Thursday this has been!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment