Doodling with Words Followers

Sunday, August 23, 2015


Hey, God … did you just kick me!!??

written by  
Jeannette Zink



I’m not sure if the sensation on my backside was God’s way of re-directing my focus, or just the happenstance of the door closing brushing against my new beginnings. It is always a little disconcerting when starting a new adventure, but to start with the heavenly father giving you a swift kick into tomorrow is not exactly the jumping off point for a fun time journey. Just imagine all the questions that find their comfortable seat between the “should I or shouldn’t I” -- taking up the valuable real estate you need for all the luggage packed for this life-altering trip.  Not to mention the illusive answers that dance in step with the shadows of our heart-felt desires, hopes and ambitions.

Hey, God … did you just kick me, again!!?? Enough is enough … I do not need you questioning my decisions. I need your love and grace, those high-beam lights that are sure to guide me to a fresh start of a better life, an exciting tomorrow.  You have told me time and again that you are always with me, through the thick and thin of life.  So, where are you when I really need your support?  Where is that gentle and loving God, not the one that keeps kicking me!

Okay, I have had it with you, God … the third kick is not the charm!!! What’s that you say  — when I learn all you had intended for me to learn, you will no longer have a reason to kick me.  Then and only then the path will be clear for the journey you have planned for me.

Oh, now I get it… thank you for the lesson, God. It is the perfect time for me to move on to the tomorrow you have envisioned for me … not my decision, yours!  Not my plans, but yours. Got it.

Have a nice day, God.

Additional works of art and writing by Jeannette Zink: www.jeannettesartandstories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment