Doodling with Words Followers

Tuesday, November 8, 2016





Life on the Ridge

written by
Jeannette Zink



Every coin has two sides, every story has 2 sides, every leaf has 2 sides, every muffin has a top and bottom, every wish has a hope, and every life has ups and downs, usually … I think you get my drift. But, kindred spirits, it is not the top and bottom or side A and side B that I opt to hitch my wagon and ride off into the sunset of misty rainbow dreams.

In the spirit of day’s events, I am here to campaign for the RIDGE. Yes, it is for the RIDGE that I cast my vote. The RIDGE … strong, life-worn, intelligent, creative, tried and true of character … my steadfast companion for when the chips flip. The RIDGE is my lifeline rope that continuously ties the knot from the page to page of an enlightened tomorrow. The RIDGE of matters is where I prove my worth, where the tale is told, and where the whip cream on top of life’s coco makes it all just a little bit more endurable when a range of reason may be a bit out of focus.

Some may choose to ride the wave, go with the flow, or draw their line in the proverbial sand in times of change and turmoil. I tell you, the RIDGE is the place to be … best seat in the house to ponder all the what-if’s and maybe that’s. The view is so much clearer and the air is fresher on the RIDGE. Just the other day, I was up on the RIDGE – first time in a while – and it was wonderful. I saw things and heard things on the RIDGE that I would have never experienced in the murky crevices of life’s dilemma.

Yes, we did have a lively debate, my RIDGE and I, but it was a respectful and thoughtful conversation. The RIDGE offered suggestions, pros and cons, highs and lows of the issues. I, in turn, lobbed every argument with the oh, but’s strength of a left-brain sumo wrestler. However, I graciously admire and lamentably admit that the RIDGE is so much smarter than me. It is with respect that I bow to the master RIDGE, and take a look-see through loaned binoculars of a future made from the insights gained on RIDGE mountain.

Kenny Rogers and my RIDGE have something in common, each know when to “hold’em and when to fold’em” when exploring the slippery slopes of human dealings. They both know the rules of living the game. They both provide the foundation that will sustain every decision encountered on a trek across the landscape of defining moments. Kenny and my RIDGE know fairness and honorable standards must be engraved on both sides of every coin, but the strong of character riding on the RIDGE of that coin is the Master’s keeper and the bonding gel for every decision on a lifetime journey.

Vote for the RIDGE … today and every day. You will never regret your decision, I promise you.

I rest my case, kindred spirits. Peace and love.

You may enjoy following my blogs:

No comments:

Post a Comment