Doodling with Words Followers

Friday, September 2, 2016

The Greeter

written by
Jeannette Zink



The sign outside a building I pass each morning reads –

Welcome, Come As You Are

I began to wonder what could be inside this building that stands four walls tall;
reflecting such beauty through windows of stained glass;
steeple brushed by the tarnished colors seen each fall.

So, I stopped one morning and went inside this familiar building that stood four walls tall. 
“Here I am,” I said at the portal –
as if answering the cries of a lost person’s call.

“Welcome,” I heard you say, “please come in and rest this day, you have traveled so far.”
This is your home; you are not just a casual guest. 
Please, come, my friend, take your place in this building made four walls tall.

The sun has now risen many seasons since that morning I stopped
 and went inside this building made four walls tall. 
Now, I greet you, wandering traveler, you have come so far.

Welcome, Come As You Are

to this place made four walls tall;
pillars secured by loving grace.

This is your home and you are free to roam;
free to be the person God intended you to be.

Welcome, my friend,
Come As You Are,
you have traveled so far.




You may enjoy following my blogs:

 




No comments:

Post a Comment