Doodling with Words Followers

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Morning Goodness

written by

Jeannette Zink
March 12, 2016


I am not a morning person.  There I’ve said it; the truth is now out there in the universe.  I wish I could tell you otherwise; but, the truth will set you free and that’s the truth!  However, if I were a morning person, just how would the wee hours of the morning look and feel to me… I wonder, not necessarily intent on finding the answer, but more of a pondering kind of exercise.  Might the hours take on a more poetic essence; the shower becoming a cleanser for the soul; the thinking more purifying; and, perhaps the perfect venue for washing yesterday’s regrets down the drain to make way for the freshness awaiting each shiny new penny of a day.

Morning Hour Poet

The early morning hours, woven between the fold of what-if moments and the dreamy mist of second chances, know the wait will soon be over.  The dawn readied to acquiesce the shiny penny of a new day.

Secure in the arms of aspiration; embraced by unlimited potential; these rays of belief sparkle in wonder and magic that greet the shiny penny of a new day.

Maybe the early morning hours will be my friend; succumbing to this benefactor of hope; yes, these hours of refresh may have earned their place of measured possibilities; the shiny penny of a new day.

Do not curse the early morning hours.  Their time is not a fault.  They are a gift given from the night sleep to prepare us for the shiny penny of a new day.


Will I ever find my peace with the early morning hours … maybe; the poet is forever the gentle observer of a cosmos that remains open to each shiny penny of a new day … even in its wee early morning hours.

Peaceful mornings … my dear kindred spirits.


You may enjoy visiting my blogs:



No comments:

Post a Comment